A Presidential Task Force for One Country, One Law, has been appointed by President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
The Task Force will be Chaired by Ven. Galagodaththe Gnanasara thera.
The Gazette Notification in this regard was issued yesterday.
The President said the administration of justice, its implementation and protection under the law should be fair by all as set out in the Constitution, and no citizen should be discriminated against in the eye of law on meted out special treatment on ground of nationality, religion, caste or any other grounds.
The 13-member Task Force has been vested with making a study of the implementation of the concept; One Country, One Law within Sri Lanka and prepare a draft Act and study Acts and amendments that have already been prepared by the Ministry of Justice and to determine if there are suitable amendments and submit proposals as deemed appropriate.
Senior Assistant Secretary to the President Jeevanthie Senanayake has been named as the Secretary of the Task Force.
The Task Force has also been ordered to submit reports to the President at least once a month and submit the final report on or before the 28th of February next year.
- Ven. Galagodaaththe Gnanasara Thero
- Professor Dayananda Banda Esquire
- Professor Shanthinandana Wijesinghe Esquire
- Professor Sumedha Siriwardana Esquire
- N.G. Sujeewa Panditharathna Esquire
- Iresh Senevirathne Esquire, Attorney-at-Law
- Sanjaya Marambe Esquire, Attorney-at-Law
- Eranda Navarathna Esquire
- Pani Wewala Esquire
- Moulavi Mohomad Esquire, Ulama Council, Galle
- Mohomad Inthikab Esquire, Lecturer
- Kaleel Rahuman Esquire
- Azeez Nizardeen Esquire